Each course is approximately 20 hours in duration spread over 5 days or to suit. From 1st January 2016 our course fees are as below:
If a family have 2 children in the same class, then the second (or third) child reduces to $250.00.
In general Optimist courses are suitable for anyone up to the age of 12. Beyond that, we recommend the Splash/Far East 11 course.
THE COST OF EACH SPLASH/FAR EAST 11 COURSE IS $450.00
All fees to be paid in full at the club office prior to starting the course.
See the registration form for payment options.
There are no hidden costs. The course fee includes coaches, use of the boats and all safety equipment. Whilst your child is enrolled on a PCC Sailing School course, you and your family are welcome to use our facilities as a guest. Guests to sign in at the lounge entrance.
The PONSONBY SAILING SCHOOL will provide:
- Well equipped boats.
- Buoyancy aids.
- Qualified instructors.
- Expert tuition.
- Lots of fun!!
- Some warm clothing as you will be getting wet.
- Please note that a wetsuit is not enough in windy weather.
- A spare set of dry clothing to change in to.
- A snack and a drink (lunch where appropriate).
- Any medication you may need e.g. inhaler.