The PCC holiday program is 20 hours in duration spread over 5 days.
The YNZ Learn-to-Sail courses are run during term 1, 2 and 4 after school hours (4-8pm in Term 1 and 4) or on a weekend day (Term 2); 32 hours in duration during 8 sessions spread over 9 or 10 weeks.
From August 2018 our course fees are as below:
If a family have 2 or more children in the same class, then the second child receives 5% and the third child 10% discount.
THE COST OF THE YNZ LEARN-TO-SAIL COURSES FOR SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN IS $560.00/8sessions=32hrs
THE COST OF THE YNZ LEARN-TO-SAIL SPLASH / FAR EAST 11 COURSE FOR ADULTS IS $475.00/20 hrs
PRIVATE TUITION IS $75.00 PER HOUR FOR 1 PERSON AND $100.00 FOR 2 PEOPLE.
All fees to be paid in full 2 weeks prior to starting the course. See the registration form for payment options.
The course fees include:
- YNZ certified coaches,
- use of the PCC boats,
- safety equipment and
- office administration.
- The YNZ learn-to-Sail courses also include the YNZ Level 1/Level 2 logbook and certificates.
Whilst your child is enrolled on a PCC Sailing School course, you and your family are welcome to use our facilities as a guest. Guests to sign in at the lounge entrance.
The PONSONBY SAILING SCHOOL will provide:
- Well equipped boats
- Buoyancy aids
- YNZ qualified instructors
- Expert tuition
- Lots of fun!!
- Some layers of warm clothing as you will be getting wet
- Please note that a wetsuit is not enough in windy weather
- Shoes that can be wet (no jandals or bare feet because of the risks of cuts and abrasions)
- A spare set of dry clothing to change into afterwards
- A snack and a drink (lunch where appropriate)
- Any medication you may need e.g. inhaler